Today is all about starting conversations around mental health. These conversations can help break down the stigma around mental health and let people know that they’re not alone. If you’re struggling, please reach out for help.
1 in 4 of us will experience a mental health problem at some point in our lives. But too often, we suffer in silence because we’re afraid to talk about it.
Here are some steps you can take to start these important conversations:
- Talk to someone you trust about how you’re feeling. This could be a friend, family member, or therapist.
- Be open and honest about what you’re going through. It can be tough to talk about mental health, but it’s so important to be open and honest about your experiences.
- Listen to what the other person has to say. It’s just as important to listen to others as it is to talk about your own experiences. Showing that you care and are interested in hearing what they have to say can make a big difference.
- Offer support and encouragement. Sometimes, all someone needs is a little bit of support and encouragement . If you can offer this, it can make a big difference in their day-to-day life.
Let’s take this opportunity to reach out to someone we know who might be struggling. And if you’re struggling yourself, know that you’re not alone. There are people who care about you and want to help.
The Construction Industry Helpline is managed and funded by the Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity:
- Free 24/7, confidential support – 0345 605 1956
- Text HARDHAT to 85258
- Helpline App – free to download on iOS and Android.
Help spread the message – your support could make a real difference!