We understand Christmas can be a difficult time of year for the vulnerable people in our communities.
To spread some festive cheer and help put a smile children’s faces we donated toys, gifts and toiletries for 48 care leavers age 16-19, plus 20 babies in Redcar, 44 vulnerable children in Newcastle and 28 children in residential care in County Durham.
To help people who are isolated or vulnerable we organised:
- Bowling sessions at the Dunes, South Shields for 48 children in South Tyneside as part of the Holiday Activity Food (HAF) project
- Gift cards for 20 young people living in the YMCA Hostel, North Shields
- Gift bags for 40 vulnerable adults in Sunderland
- Christmas treats for 108 senior citizens in Sherburn
- 17 attendees of the Happy Wanderers luncheon club in Chester-le-Street
The UK’s food banks are a lifeline, especially at Christmas time, with advent calendars, mince pies, tinned fruit, juice and cereal being the items most needed. We organised a collection to support struggling families during the festive period.
We would like to wish everybody a safe and peaceful Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.