About the role
Due to continued growth, we’re seeking a dedicated and driven Social Value Manager to join our business. This position, previously managed internally, is now a standalone opportunity to shape the future of social value within our organisation.
As a Social Value Manager, you will spearhead the management, implementation, and coordination of social value plans and reports to meet framework and customer demands.
The successful candidate will also be required to assist with implementing social value strategies and winning future projects. You will establish meaningful connections with internal and external stakeholders to support delivering these requirements.
This role is based in our Durham Head Office. Regular travel will be required, and a Full UK driving licence is essential.
MGL Group fully supports Equality in Employment. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
- Engage with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee all social value tender submissions
- Implement, manage, and own social value plans
- Provide support to multiple project teams in meeting social value requirements
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of reporting requirements
- Assess social value data for accuracy and performance evidence
- Promote apprenticeships and work experience placements within the business and our supply chain
- Foster partnerships with local schools, charities, and organisations
- Enhance compliance with Considerate Constructors scheme requirements through community engagement
- Address residents’ comments, questions, and concerns professionally
- Liaise with the Marketing Manager to leverage social media and PR opportunities for social value achievements
The ideal candidate
- Previous demonstrable experience working in a similar role
- A good understanding of the Social Value Act 2012, LM3 and TOMs Framework
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, including Power BI
- An excellent communicator
- Adopts a methodical approach to workload